The Gas Shop warrants that all products distributed by it to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service when installed and used in accordance with all applicable standards and regulations.
If, during the warranty period of 12 months, a product fails due to defects unrelated to its use, The Gas Shop will either, at its option, repair, credit or replace the product without charge to the customer.
The following circumstances or events are either deemed to be outside the scope of the general warranty policy as set out above, or will invalidate any warranty claim:
• Damage due to continued use after the fault has occurred.
• Accident, Act of God, nature, theft, abuse, misuse, negligence/neglect.
• Any alterations or modifications, including but not limited to those affecting the products performance, operation, safety, durability or changes in its intended use.
• Damage caused in transit (The customer shall inspect all goods immediately upon delivery. In the case of damage, goods must be signed for as “Damaged” and notify The Gas Shop within 24 hours of delivery)
• Faulty installation. Where applicable all installations must be performed by approved licensed gasfitters and must comply with the latest version of AS/NZS 5601.
• Any loss of gas as a result of the faulty product will not be covered.
• Corrosion damage caused by prolonged exposure to the weather, or close proximity to the sea.
• No representative, or employee of The Gas Shop has the authority to alter the conditions of this Warranty Policy.